Thursday, November 25, 2010

Snow and Freedom

I feel a though I've been trapped in the house FOREVER!! We've had snow here since Monday and I haven't left the house, except to take Jack to music class. Today I decided it was time to get out, so I drove Jack to preschool. Ah and now silence! Dylan is sleeping and Jack is somewhat happy to be at preschool.



I'm not a huge fan of snow. It's too cold and I have never driven in it until today, so always like I was held hostage in the snow. Not such a bad thing when I was on my own, but with two kids, it's a headache! I am rather glad that I conquered my fear of driving in the snow!




Yesterday I had a terrible misfortune. I was baking some bread and a glass casserole dish blasted apart as I opened the oven to pour some water in it?!?! I was steam baking but suppose I should have used a broiler pan instead of a glass casserole dish!

There was glass all over the oven and kitchen floor! I managed to clean it up, and was just about to start vacuuming up any remaining bits, when I got a tiny sliver of glass in my finger. I couldn't get it out and it hurt like a son of a bitch so I had to call Cory to help me get to the clinic. Normally I'd be oaky just walking to the clinic with the boys, but in the freezing weather, I couldn't bundle everyone up and push a stroller with glass stuck in my finger!



So Cory came home and saved the day! I love that man! He went back to work for the afternoon, then we all had a late dinner with a fresh loaf of homemade bread!

1 comment:

  1. Exploding pyrex is not just an urban legend. Google it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...