Wednesday, November 3, 2010

New Spaces

We are starting to settle in at home a bit more. For the most part we are back to a regular sleeping schedule! Yesterday, after looking around, I felt our little house was in need of a change or two. Some spaces and corners were feeling stagnant and dull.

I set to work moving furniture and organizing toys. We now have a nice cozy area for play in the kitchen, as well as some proper little nooks carved out i the play room downstairs. I have been ignoring our bedroom since we moved in, but that does need work. I am slowly transforming the craft studio into a library and craft area, but that will take a lot more time than i have during the week.

We also have some unsightly areas where clutter seems to gather. Namely a little cubby in the kitchen (our visible "junk drawer") and on top of the credenza. The top of the credenza is where we put things to keep them away from the kids. Really we need to find a new home. My fabulous credenza is not looking it's best these days!

I am going to try and focus on one room at a time, until it feels complete. There are several rooms that are so close to being done:

The boys room is almost complete. We just need to get a toddler bed for Dylan and a bit more art work up.

The kitchen will never feel done, as we want to gut it and start over. It has however been painted at least!

The living room has been painted and is now awaiting some art work and maybe a throw cushion or two.

The upstairs bathroom needs a different mirror and artwork, but other that that is the best room in the house!

The play room needs some organizing, new carpet (though not anytime soon) and a whole pile of art work! I did want to build a little play structure with a small platform, ladder and slide, but now I am rethinking that ......

All the other rooms need too much work to even think about this early in the morning! So off to work I go!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...