Monday, May 31, 2010

The Secret Project!

This is our inspiration ..... just amazing!


the living room set up

Cory measuring

the plans


Cory and I have been working hard on a present for Jackson's 4th birthday. When ever we visit someone who has a doll house, Jack is fixated. he loves acting out his daily life with little furniture and people!

Cory and I decided to get him a doll house for his birthday, but we had trouble finding one that we really loved. We were thinking about getting the Plan Toy House until I spotted this dollhouse!

Instantly Cory and I were inspired and now our little dream is coming true! I have finished all the furniture for the house and the little people arrived in the mail ...... those were hard to find! For all the furniture I bought about 10 little model kits from Michael's at $1 each. There were lots of different shapes in the kits, and it was fun working with them! I do have an awful lot of wheels and axles left over though as most of the kits were vehicles!

Now I am working on the textiles for the house and also some little art pieces. Cory has all the wood for the house and will start soon .... i hope! We designed the house layout based on the #22 L-shaped house from the Case Study Houses from the 60's. I am so excited to see the project come together!!!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the little people? I've been searching for the similar items....

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got them at the Windmill Education Online Store. the shipping is a lot, but the dolls are extremely cheap, a dollar or two!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...