Wednesday, May 12, 2010

It's a Love/Hate Kinda Thing

I hate my hair. Most days I really do hate it. You see it's long; even my fringe is long! Usually I have my hair neatly cut in a bob with some cute, blunt fringe to accent it. Sometimes i have REALLY short hair, and it's all messy and choppy. Now it's long, and way too thick. It rejects bobby pins, so I can barely wear it up. When i put it in a pony tail, my fringe now gets stuck in there too ...... and a naked forehead is not a pretty forehead for me!

I do like that my hair is straight. I do like that my hair is thick (well most days). I do like that I have more white hairs than average gals my age. When the style works, I love wearing my hair is a huge messy bun right on top of my head, sometimes with a fun scarf wrapped around it. But really I should just cut it!

This is where my problem lay. I am in two weddings this summer and I think a simple up-do would be best for those events. My friend who cuts my hair is too busy right now for me to get in to see her. Why not just go somewhere else you say? I love the way my friend does my hair, and I really can't pay for a hair cut. There is no way I can bring myself to do it! In twelve years I have paid for ONE haircut ...... and that was because I didn't trust the people in my cosmetology class at that time.

If I went to a hair studio to get my hair cut, it would be $60 at least! $60!!!! I could buy so many books, and so many cute things on Etsy for $60! So I wait ...... but maybe I should cut my own Betty Paige fringe, or take a straight razor to some especially thick areas at the back ..... hhhmmm. I don't know if i trust myself anymore, it's been a few years since I actively practiced hair. Okay there we go there is my rant! No more about hair..... for a while at least!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...