
Seeds and seed potatoes waiting to be planted
Lazy afternoon nap with Betty
I have switched gears, especially since our trip to Vancouver. You know i can't remeber the last time I picked up a hook and yarn?! I have been going strong for four years and now poof, I've stopped. I NEVER thought I'd stop! Surely there will be a time, perhaps some new inpiration, and I will once again crochet. I am quite enjoying not having a project on the go! Well a crochet project that is!
My energy has been going towards the yard and garden lately. Yesterday Jackson, Dylan and I chose some seeds and got to work filling an old sandbox frame with fresh new soil! Twelve inches deep, six feet by six feet ........ great size! It took a lot of wheelbarrow loads, but it's now full! I also decided to dig up and area near the new raised bed, maybe four feet by four feet. This one is right in the ground, so there was a good deal of labour to rid the grass and clay. I filled in the hole with some more great soil and some compost. What fun!
We then planted red onion, lettuce, peas, carrots, sunflowers, sweet peas, and beans. In a little while, once it's a bit warmer we will plant the zucchini. I plan to starts some herbs in pots tomorrow and maybe replant my strawberries. It felt so good taking charge and just digging the garden myself. Too often I have put things off waiting for Cory to help. I am more than capable, my passion for great organic food pushes me to take things into my own hands and not wait for the weekend warrior that is my husband!
Now that most of the garden is planted I plan on taking it fairly easy. Jack's birthday is in a couple of months and i am only half finihsed his present, so that will become a priority. Also a friend's little girl will be having a birthday and i have a super special project planned for her! I was planning on starting it tonight, but I just feel too tired! All the digging and walking about town has worn me and the boys right out! The family is in bed before nine!!
No comments:
Post a Comment