Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Simple Cooking

Today made pasta! I used a very simple recipe of 2 cups flour and 2 eggs. I had to add a little water, but it turned out great! I decided to cut the pasta with the roller and used the thin, spaghetti setting. This was the best tasting, most wonderful textured pasta I have had!

I made a simple sauce so the noodles would shine through. I sautéed onions, garlic and mushrooms. Then I added vegetable stock and a bay leaf (this is a MUST for all my sauces). Simmer util reduced by half and add a bit of cornstarch/water mix and thicken. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of fresh parmesan and dinner is done! I never add salt or pepper to my sauces because of the kids, but it tasted great once added at the table.


Today is Week One of Project Cute Nest as I am now calling it. I did some work organizing, got new pulls for the kitchen and installed them, finished the play kitchen and had Jack choose the paint color for his room ..... a fantastic blue! I will be posting at the end of the weekend on my new blog, Cute Nest.

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...