Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Moon Effects

Does the moon really affect people's moods? If so it would certainly explain my day! The morning went well, but it soon spiralled into a negative, grumpy day. Dylan was whiney, Jack was self admittedly grumpy and mad. I was trying to keep it all together, and get one or two errands done.

Usually we have a little full moon celebration, but that is not happening tonight! The kids are in bed and I am soon there too. We won't even see the full moon this time around. In the afternoon my neighbour's daughter was to come and help out with the kids for a couple of hours. I rushed home from our errand running to find a message on my machine from her. She wasn't going to make it ....... but I wasn't too bothered by the news. I wasn't planning on making dinner as we'd just had a large, late lunch ...... mmmmmm, Hernandez!

However, we spend a good hour getting all annoyed with each other. Jack has been throwing around some pretty hurtful words these days, and though he may not understand fully what they mean, he certainly knows the feeling behind them! I finally got sick of being told I was stupid, hated and kicked out of whatever room Jack was in. I didn't get angry, i just asked him to stop. I let him know that he could spend time anywhere in the ouse he felt like, but I was not planning on leaving the room I was currently in. There was hitting and screaming like I haven't seen in a long time.

After we all recovered, every little thing set poor Jack off and he'd start to wail. A bird flew away from his perch near the window and Jack cried that his "friend" had left. It was quite sad, and I knew the poor kid was just over tired ...... even at 6pm. So off to bed he went nice and early. No complaints about the bedtime routine, just happy to be heading in a positive direction!

Little Dylan was asleep moments after tucking in Jack. Even though it was trying at times, today went well. I just blame all the crazy behavior on the moon .... I can do that once and a while!

When we weren't getting on each 0thers nerves we read book, tons of books! I am hoarse from all the books we read! Sometimes that's all Jackson wants to do! And when I wasn't reading books to Jack, I was reading to Dylan, because we really don't read to him as much as we read to Jack ...... alright off to bed i go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...