Today was too hot to handle. By 10am I was ready to vacate the house. I took the boys to the mall. I hate the mall, never go there, but today I needed that air conditioning! There was a kids fun hour so I thought Jack might like it. The performers were some faeries ..... really lame. Even more lame than clowns, and I hate clowns. Jack thought it was okay, but his favorite part of the outing was sitting in the little kid rides. I didn't have change (read: too cheap) so he just sat in the motionless cars and boats, but had a great time.
Most of the day went well. My sister was coming over for dinner and to help out as Cory is in Vancouver until tomorrow night. I picked her up from work and when we arrived home, ordered pizza. While waiting for the pizza Jack was really not listening and doing everything we asked him not to do, eating crayons, trying to sit on the table, knocking over the fan etc etc. Also Dylan started freaking out and just screaming, something he NEVER does. I couldn't get him to stop crying, even feeding him didn't help. I tried giving him a bottle, which he took a bit better, though most of it ran down his cheeks, onto his back an pooled in my lap .... gross.
Dylan was still not happy and we were getting anxious about food as it had been an hour since we'd ordered. I called the pizza place and they didn't even get my order apparently. I knew the guy taking my order seemed a bit off, but this was insane! So there I was crazy toddler, screaming baby, and no dinner at 6pm. I cried and cried. If my sister wasn't there I would have totally lost it. I think I would have packed the kids in the car and driven to my dad's or something ..... anything but stay home.
So first thing I did, was wrap Dylan up and rocked him to sleep. Chels made us a black bean salad, and we ate while D slept. Unfortunately D woke up, but was at least happy now. Jack has been having a hard time going to sleep, but there have been no screams or tantrums, so I think we are in the clear. Dylan is back asleep. I have arranged for Jackson to go to preschool tomorrow, so that will help a great deal. I've got most of his lunch packed and his outfit ready. Okay I am ready to collapse now, goodnight!
This is the LAST time Cory is going anywhere overnight for a long long long time!
Oh then there is the mosquito story ...... ew!!!! i found a ton of mosquito larvae wriggling around in the "ocean" Jack made last week. Basically he filled his turtle sandbox with water. So to get rid of them i scooped out as much water as I could and mixed it with bleach (normally i never use bleach ..... bad bad stuff!) to kill the suckers. With the wet sand, I just shoveled it out and dumped in in a corner of the property. i hope they die when they are not in water anymore ..... but I couldn't find any info regarding that. I scrubbed out the pool and put it on the curb with a "FREE" sign on it. We don't need two kiddie pools, so it was time for it to go!
No comments:
Post a Comment