Friday, July 17, 2009

It's Time to Go!


This was the only photo of the day ..... seconds after this photo I had the hose turned on me!

We are busy packing and cleaning house, for our last road trip of the season as a whole family. Tomorrow we catch an extremely early ferry to Galiano Island to visit with Cory's extended family! I am super excited about going, I think it's going to be just what everyone needs! After today I could almost use a solo vacation though!

Jackson was a bit rocky all day, but pulled it together. He had a very late "quiet time", and insisted that my dad tuck him in .... no problems there! Though when he woke up it was HELL! He was insisting that we go to Galiano right away (why do I tell him things in advance? I've got to stop!). Also he was just generally being defiant and violent. At about 2pm, I had both kids in tears. Unable to settle Dylan, I came back to Jack and was able to calm him down and get him onto a project. But just as we were about to start, off goes Dylan again. Of course Jackson was in tears and screaming every time I had to settle Dylan, so they screamed on and off for almost 2 hours!!! I surprisingly kept my cool. No outbursts, no timeouts, and no swearing! I did place a rather pathetic phone call to my husband, who was already on the road home.

By the time Cory arrived home, all was calm. Dylan was finally willing to take milk from me, and Jackson had let go of whatever his issues were and settled in to watch a show. Cory took the parenting over and I headed to the backyard with my new manual, The Urban Homestead. I got to stay out as long as I wanted, without a single soul asking me for help, or water, or snacks etc etc etc ....... I came in when I was ready and had enough energy and playful parenting skills to make it through a slightly tough dinner and bedtime routine! All is well and the kids are quiet, so now it's time to pack!

I am doing a bit of research on TypePad. i am very drawn to their easy blogging, and aesthetic ..... but they charge a fee for their shiny perfect blogs!

3 comments:

  1. Homesteading? Have I got the article for you: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/story/2009/06/17/f-square-foot-garden.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh thanks! some good ideas there! i forgot you told me that you wrote that story! how are your veggies doing? i think it may be a bit to organized for my style of gardening, but i will try it out in the spring on at least one bed! thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...