
Some Artist Trading Cards I completed today for a swap ...... handmade lino prints!
Dinner: Chicken with Roast Potatoes and Carrots
Song of the Day: The Laying Down Dance Song
Current Thought: i hate being sick **sniffle**
Project of the Day: tidying the house
I Want: to breathe easily again!
Tonight Jack asked us one of those questions that I've been dreading.
J: Is this chicken real?
M: yes it's real
J: real chicken?
M: yes, real chicken
J: like the chickens in the chicken coop?
M: yes, is that okay with you?
J: yup (stuffs mouth full of chicken)
M: okay then. so you understand?
J: (mouth too full to answer)
i've never wanted to tell jack that we eat animals, especially because up at the farm he feeds the chickens and collects their eggs. But he asked, so I had to talk about it. I was happy to hear that he was okay about it all, and I'm pretty sure he understands the concept. It was my biggest fear that he was going to hate us because all this time we've been feeding him animals. I used to be vegetarian, almost up until i became pregnant with him. So maybe nine or ten years vegetarian. Now I eat chicken and beef, but mostly chicken. Once I am no longer pregnant with our second baby, I'd like to go back to a more vegetarian lifestyle. I have many allergies including peanuts and soy. This makes being vegetarian a bit harder ..... you can only eat so many beans! I do sometimes still eat tofu when not pregnant as I'm not totally sure if I'm that allergic. Really I should get tested again! Anyways so there we go ...... uncomfortable conversation #1 dealt with .... now just waiting on the billion more awkward questions that will follow in the coming years!
argh! plu-ease eat chicken and maybe even work your way up to red meat! I found myself that kids meant cooking a variety of foods and of course the kids wanted things i didnt eat. I found for myself that i needed the iron and vitamin b's. i was always a bit anemic when i was younger because of my diet.
ReplyDelete